What is an Online Dynamic Worksheet
A Dynamic Worksheet is an interactive (online) worksheet that may consist of Text elements, GeoGebra Applets, Videos, and Images organized in a flexible layout.
Create a Dynamic Worksheet Online
On the main page of GeoGebra go to My Materials and click on the button in order to start creating a Dynamic Worksheet. You may now enter a Name for your Dynamic Worksheet and insert some of the following elements in a user-defined order by selecting the element type from the provided list.
Insert Text Element Click on the button and select from the list of available worksheet elements. In the appearing text dialog you may fill in a Title for this text element (e.g., Description, Instructions, Tasks) and enter the corresponding text. The dialog window provides the following options to enhance your text element:
- Formatting Style: Format your text (e.g., change font style and size, alignment, create lists)
- MATH: Insert mathematical formulas, which may include mathematical symbols (e.g., Greek letters, operators, arrows).
- ICONS: Insert GeoGebra Tool icons.
Click in order to save your text and insert the text element into your Dynamic Worksheet.
Edit Text Element
If you move your mouse over a text element, you can select one of the following options by clicking on the corresponding icon in the right upper corner of your text element.
- Add Information : Enter some additional explanation for your students, which might help them while working on the Dynamic Worksheet”.
- Edit : Open the text element editor and edit the text.
- Copy : Copy the text element if you want to reuse (part of) it.
- Delete : Delete the text element from your Dynamic Worksheet.
Click in order to close the Text element and save your changes.
Insert GeoGebra Applet
Insert Applet Element
Click on the button and select from the list of available worksheet elements.
In the appearing dialog you may choose between the following options:
- Applet Search: Use the search field in order to search for already existing GeoGebra Applets of other users or select one of your own applets from the provided list.
- Upload Applet: Choose a GeoGebra file (.ggb) from your computer, which you would like to upload and use for your Dynamic Worksheet.
- Create Applet: You may create a new GeoGebra Applet using the appearing GeoGebra Web App. Click in order to save your Applet and insert it into your Dynamic Worksheet.
Edit Applet Element
Once you have added an applet element to your Dynamic Worksheet you may click on it and add some information about the applet.
- Title: Fill in the Title of your GeoGebra Applet.
- Button : Click on this button in order to open the GeoGebra Web App and edit your GeoGebra Applet online.
- Button : Click on this button in order to open the Insert GeoGebra Applet dialog which allows you to replace your Applet.
- Button Download (.ggb): Click on this button in order to download your applet as a GeoGebra file to your computer.
Click in order to save the changes you made to your Applet element.
If you move your mouse over an applet element, you can select one of the following options by clicking on the corresponding icon in the right upper corner of your text element.
- Add Information: Enter some additional explanation for your students, which might help them while working with your Applet.
- Edit: Edit the Applet element.
- Copy: Copy the Applet element if you want to reuse or modify it.
- Delete: Delete the Applet element from your Flexible Worksheet.
Click Done in order to close the Applet element and save your changes.
Advanced Applet Settings
Click on the Edit icon of your Applet element and select Advanced Settings... in order to choose from the following options and add more advanced features to your GeoGebra Applet:
- Change scale: Change the scale of your GeoGebra Applet (default scale is 1).
- Enable Right Click, Zooming and Keyboard Editing: Allow users to right-click (MacOS: Ctrl-click), zoom or edit the applet using their keyboard.
- Enable Dragging of Labels: Allow users to drag the labels of objects with the mouse.
- Show Icon to Reset Construction: Provide the option to reset the applet to its default state.
- Enable Shift-Drag & Zoom: Allow users to move the Graphics View by holding the Shift key and dragging the background of the Graphics View or to zoom in / zoom out by holding the Shift key while using the mouse wheel.
- Applet fixable on screen: Displays a button to “Fix Applet on Screen” above the right corner of the GeoGebra Applet (visible on the Student Worksheet and the Preview of your Dynamic Worksheet). This allows your students to scroll down the worksheet without changing the position of the Applet on screen, which is especially useful if there is a long explanation for the applet or several instruction steps to follow.
- Show Menu Button: Display the the Menu button at the top right of the applet to allow users access to the full GeoGebra Menu.
- Show Toolbar: Display the Toolbar at the top of the applet.
- Show Input Bar: Display the Input Bar at the bottom of the applet.
- Preferred applet type: Choose your preferred applet type (Default, HTML5 or Java).
Click Done in order to save the changes you made to the Advanced Applet Settings.