First, create the construction your tool should be able to create later on. In the Tools menu, select Create New Tool in order to open the corresponding dialog box. Now you need to fill in the three tabs Output Objects, Input Objects, and Name and Icon in order to create your custom tool.
- Construct a square starting with two points A and B. Construct the other vertices and connect them with the tool Polygon to get the square poly1.
- Select Create New Tool in the Tools Menu.
- Specify the Output Objects: Click on the square or select it from the drop down menu. Also, specify the edges of the square as Output Objects.
- Specify the Input Objects: GeoGebra automatically specifies the Input Objects for you (here: points A and B). You can also modify the selection of input objects using the drop down menu or by clicking on them in your construction.
- Specify the Tool Name and Command Name for your new tool.
- You may also enter text to be shown in the Toolbar Help.
- You can also choose an image from you computer for the Toolbar icon. GeoGebra resizes your image automatically to fit on a Toolbar button.