!!!!! Since we have a new GeoGebra Book about the GeoGebra Book Editor, this page is not up to date anymore. !!!!!
What is a GeoGebraBook
A GeoGebraBook is a collection of GeoGebra-based materials and worksheets. It allows you to organize your own GeoGebra Applets and / or your favorite materials from GeoGebra into dynamic, interactive online-textbooks for learning and teaching at all levels of education (e.g. Geometry Quickstart).
Our online GeoGebraBook Editor allows you to easily create a GeoGebraBook. Just go to www.geogebra.org, sign in to your GeoGebra Account, and click on in order to get started.
How to Create a New GeoGebraBook
Step 1: Open the GeoGebraBook Editor
- Go to the main page of GeoGebra (section My GeoGebraBooks) OR to your GeoGebra Profile Page (tab GeoGebraBooks).
- Click on in order to start creating a GeoGebraBook.
Step 2: Fill in the Metadata
The page New GeoGebraBook of the GeoGebraBook Editor allows you to input some basic information and metadata about your GeoGebraBook.
- Title: Fill in the Title of your GeoGebraBook.
- Language: Specify the main Language of your GeoGebraBook in order to help other users from the international GeoGebra Community to locate materials in their preferred language.
- Description: Add an optional Description for your GeoGebraBook, which will make it easier for other users to decide whether this material is what they were looking for on GeoGebra.
- Target Group (Age): Specify the age of the user Target Group intended to work with this GeoGebraBook.
- Tags: Add Tags (key words) which allow other users to find your GeoGebraBook on GeoGebra
- Visibility: Decide about the Visibility of your GeoGebraBook and specify, which users will be able to access your GeoGebraBook on GeoGebra. You may choose between the following options:
- Public: Other users can find and view this GeoGebraBook on GeoGebra.
- Shared with Link: Only users who have the direct link to your GeoGebraBook can view it. Please note that it won't appear in the search results of other users.
- Private: Other users cannot view your GeoGebraBook, which won't appear in their search results either.
When you are done entering this information about your new GeoGebraBook, just clickand start adding content.
Step 3: Add Content to your GeoGebraBook
After saving your metadata, the page Edit GeoGebraBook opens automatically. You can now add chapters and / or materials to your GeoGebraBook (tab Content).
Set up the main structure of your GeoGebraBook by creating different chapters (optional). If you click on , you can choose between the following options:
- New Chapter: You can specify a Name and enter an optional Description for the chapter in the appearing dialog window. Click when you are done.
- Existing Chapter: You may either copy a chapter of one of your own GeoGebraBooks or search for a GeoGebraBook of another user to import one of its chapters into your new GeoGebraBook.
- In the appearing dialog window, search for the GeoGebraBook you want to copy a chapter from.
- Once you found the desired GeoGebraBook, click on in order to display its chapter overview.
- Select the chapter you want to copy.
- Click on in order to add this entire chapter to your new GeoGebraBook.
- All chapters you add to your GeoGebraBook are displayed in the Chapters overview.
- You can edit the name and / or description of the chapter at any time by clicking on the Edit icon next to the chapter's current name.
- You can change the order of chapters by using drag and drop.
- You can delete a chapter from your GeoGebrBook by clicking on the Delete icon next to the chapter's name.
You can now add materials from GeoGebra to your GeoGebraBook. Please select the chapter you want to add your material to (optional) and click on in order to be able to choose between the following options:
- New Worksheet: Create a new "Dynamic Worksheet" using the Dynamic Worksheet Editor. You may add Text, GeoGebra Applets, Videos and Images to your Dynamic Worksheet and enter metadata in the Worksheet Settings. Note: Your worksheet will now appear in the Worksheets overview. You can edit the name and / or description of the worksheet at any time by clicking on the Edit icon next to the worksheet's current name.
- Existing Worksheet: Search for your own or other public materials on GeoGebra. Decide which material you would like to add to your GeoGebraBook and click on to the right of the material’s name.
- All materials you add to a chapter are displayed in the Worksheets overview for the selected chapter.
- You can edit a worksheet from your GeoGebraBook at any time by clicking on the Edit icon next to its name.
- You can change the order of worksheets within a chapter, as well as move worksheets to a different chapter by using drag and drop.
- You can delete a worksheet from your GeoGebraBook at any time by clicking on the Delete icon next to the material's name.
You may preview your GeoGebraBook in a new tab of your browser.
How to Access and / or Edit a GeoGebraBook
You may access a list of all your GeoGebraBooks in two ways:
- My GeoGebraBooks on the main page of GeoGebra: Log in to your GeoGebra Account in order to find a complete list of your GeoGebraBooks on the main page of GeoGebra.
- My Profile: Open your profile page in order to see a complete list of your GeoGebraBooks.
After selecting a GeoGebraBook, you get to its overview page providing the following options:
You may preview a GeoGebraBook in a new tab of your browser.
Leads to the page The GeoGebraBook Editor allowing you to make changes to the GeoGebraBook.
- Change the content and structure of your GeoGebraBook on tab Content
- Change the metadata of your GeoGebraBook on tab Title Page (e.g., title, language, description, target group, visibility status)
- Upload a new Title Image for your GeoGebraBook on tab Title Page (optional)
Delete your GeoGebraBook.
Make a Copy
Make a copy of your GeoGebraBook in order to reuse its structure and / or content in another GeoGebraBook.
Download your GeoGebraBook to your computer as a .zip file in order to use it offline.
Allows you to manage the access other users have to your GeoGebraBook by changing the visibility status of your GeoGebraBook (Public, Shared with Link, or Private) and by directly sharing it with other users.