*****You can structure the report as you wish, the following headings are just pointers*****
Training and Support
The Italian GeoGebra Institute of Torino – in collaboration with La Casa degli Insegnanti and the Regional Project DI.FI.MA. in rete – organised in 2011 different level courses in training teachers in GeoGebra, with the following aims:
1. To introduce teachers who did not know any DGS to GeoGebra, making them aware of the dynamic capabilities of this software; 2. To analyse the potentiality of interconnected multiple and dynamic representations of GeoGebra in mathematics teaching and learning, with teachers who already knew a DGS; 3. To create a community of practice for teachers, in order to design a course of Mathematics with GeoGebra adequate to different school levels, and to carry out teaching experiments in the classrooms.
And the following topics:
1. Introduction and basic use of GeoGebra 2. Drawings, Constructions, and Drag Test 3. Algebraic input and functions 4. Sliders and parameters 5. Geometric transformations 6. Management of pictures 7. Static and Dynamic Text 8. Forum and Wiki 9. Dynamic worksheets 10. Custom tools 11. Conditional visibility 12. Sequences 13. Spreadsheet
Research and Collaboration
The 7th of October, 2011 there has been the First GeoGebra Italian Day, in the Avogadro Technological School of Torino. The event has been part of the Fifth DIFIMA Congress (http://www.difima.unito.it/difima11/).
The programme was the following:
1. Plenaries: • Zsolt Lavicza GeoGebra: Past, Present, and Future • IGI Torino: Ornella Robutti, Ada Sargenti Ricerca, formazione docenti, sperimentazioni • IGI Bari: Eleonora Faggiano La collaborazione scuole-università
2. Experiences from schools • Donatella Merlo: Esperienze con GeoGebra nella scuola dell’obbligo • Maria Cantoni: Il passaggio da Cabri a GeoGebra in un gruppo di scuole medie • Pierangela Accomazzo: Sinergia tra il progetto m@tabel e GeoGebra • Ada Sargenti: Ambiente collaborativo sulla piattaforma Moodle nella formazione su GeoGebra
3. Certifications We gave the certification of User to teachers who followed the courses and experienced an activity with GeoGebra in her/his class, under the supervision of a teacher trainer.
4. Workshops of trainers and certificated users.
Robutti, O. (2011). L’Istituto Italiano di GeoGebra a Torino: Ricerca, formazione docenti, sperimentazione didattica. Atti del Convegno DIDAMATICA, Torino, 6 maggio 2011.
Arzarello, F., Ferrara, F. & Robutti, O. (2011). Mathematical modelling with technology: the role of dynamic representations. Proceedings of ICTMT10, Portsmouth, july 2011.