GeoGebra Web and Tablet Apps
You can access the interactive Construction Protocol by selecting the Construction Protocol option in the View Menu. The Construction Protocol is a table that shows all construction steps. Using the Navigation Bar you can also animate the construction steps. To show the Navigation Bar at the bottom of the GeoGebra window, select the Navigation Bar option in the View Menu.
You can access the interactive Construction Protocol by selecting the Construction Protocol option in the View Menu. The Construction Protocol is a table that shows all construction steps, allowing you to redo a construction step by step. Using the Navigation Bar you can also animate the construction steps. To show the Navigation Bar at the bottom of the GeoGebra window, right click in the Graphics View, then select the Navigation bar option in the Context Menu displayed.
You may use the keyboard to navigate in the Construction Protocol:
- Press the ↑ up arrow on your keyboard to go to the previous construction step.
- Press the ↓ down arrow on your keyboard to go to the next construction step.
- Press the Home key to return to the beginning of the Construction Protocol.
- Press the End key to move to the end of the Construction Protocol.
- Press the Delete key to delete the selected construction step.
- Note: Deleting also affects other objects that depend on the selected object/construction step.
You may also use the mouse in order to navigate in the Construction Protocol:
- Double click a row to select a construction step.
- Double click the header of any column to go to the beginning of the Construction Protocol.
- Drag and drop a row to move a construction step to another position in the Construction Protocol.
- Note: This is not always possible due to the dependencies between different objects.
- Right click on a row to open the context menu related to the currently selected object.
Select the options listed when you select the first left icon of the Construction Protocol toolbar, to decide which informations related to the construction will be shown. The Breakpoint option allows you to define certain construction steps as breakpoints, i.e. group several objects together. When navigating through your construction using the Navigation Bar, selected groups of objects are shown at the same time.
Exporting the Construction Protocol as a Webpage
GeoGebra Desktop allows you to export the Construction Protocol as a Webpage. Open the Construction Protocol using the related option in the View Menu, then select the third icon of the Construction Protocol's toolbar (Export as Webpage).
In the export window of the Construction Protocol you can enter Title, Author, and a Date for the construction and choose whether or not you want to include a picture of the Graphics View and the Algebra View. In addition, you can also choose to export a Colorful Construction Protocol. This means that objects in the Construction Protocol will match the color of the corresponding objects in the construction.
- Note: The exported HTML file can be viewed with any Internet browser (e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari) and edited with many text processing systems (e.g. OpenOffice Writer).