- We have fixed some bugs and improved the translations in GeoGebra 4. If you have the installed or portable version, you may want to upgrade to the latest revision.
- The Translation Tool now allows you to just drag to clone an object!
- For network administrators, we now have an MSI Installer for GeoGebra 4 available for testing
GeoGebra 4.2 Beta
- GeoGebra 4.2 Beta now has a Freehand Tool so that you can draw your own function and then look at function transformations eg f(2x). There are also some new commands to try (eg TriangleCenter, TriangleCubic, Barycenter, SurdText).
- Now that GeoGebra 4 has been released, we are working hard on GeoGebraWeb, so you can use GeoGebra worksheets from GeoGebra on tablets and phones. Progress is good and there should be some visible results by Spring 2012.
GeoGebra 5 Beta
- GeoGebra 5 Beta has some improvements (eg angles) and new commands (eg Cube, Octahedron) for 3D geometry.
Tutorials & Materials
- The drop of water Amazing 3D ripple construction from Daniel Mentrard
- Simple Dynamic Text in GeoGebra 4 by Arthur Lee
- A Problem with My Tie by Mr Wang
- Exploring Hopf bifurcations with GeoGebra 4 by Steven Strogatz
- Clovers and Polar graph
- The idea of limit in differential calculus
GeoGebra Book & Community News
- Book on GeoGebra: Model-centered learning: Pathways to Mathematical Understanding Using GeoGebra, Lingguo Bu & Robert Schoen (Eds.), Sense Publisher
- Book on GeoGebra: HUELLAS MATEMÁTICA, written by Fernando Chorny, Pablo Casares & Claudio Salpeter, coordinated & supervised by Nora Legorboru & Ruth Schaposchnik
- Book on GeoGebra: "La Nuova Geometria del Compasso", Le costruzioni di Lorenzo Mascheroni utilizzando il software GeoGebra, written by F. Fabrizi & P. Pennestrì, coordinated by Prof.ssa Noemi Stivali
- Sign up for the Midwest GeoGebra Journal. They are currently recruiting volunteers to review manuscripts for the journal for publication in Spring 2012 and looking for funding so that the GeoGebra Midwest Conference can be free for participants
GeoGebra in the Media
- Market tools supporting learning in Khoahoc Pho Thong
- GeoGebra...We've come a long way since graph paper! in Mr. Nebz's Blog
- Content aggregation tools renewed in The Hindu
- 15 Reasons Why GeoGebra is Successful in Mathematics and Multimedia
New GeoGebra Institutes
- GeoGebra Institute of Prague, Czech Republic
- GeoGebra Institute of Maine, Maine, USA
- GeoGebra Institute of Chaco, Argentina
See our Events Map & Calendar for a complete list of upcoming workshops and conferences as well as for proceedings of past conferences. Dec
- 7 Dec 2011: GeoGebra-Tag in Klagenfurt, Austria
- 14 Dec 2011: GeoGebra Seminar in Math House, Teheran, Iran
- 15 Dec 2011: GeoGebra for Beginners, Walsall, UK
- 17-19 Dec 2011: Asian Technology Conference on Mathematics in Hsinchu, Taiwan
- 27 Dec 2011: Winter Vacation Seminar (GeoGebra workshop) in Seoul, Korea
- 25 Jan 2012: GeoGebra Workshop, Bad Ischl, Austria
- 28 Jan 2012: Introduction to GeoGebra, Liverpool, UK
Other Conference Dates
- Deadline for Submission of proposals for Posters and Exhibition to IPC chair for ICME 2012 is December 15, 2011
- Deadline for Paper submission deadline for Spring International Conference on Engineering Education in Xi'an, China, May 26-29, 2012 is January 15, 2012
- SIGMAA on RUME in Portland, Oregon, US, February 23-25, 2012
- TIME2012 (Technology and its Integration in Mathematics Education), July 10-14, 2012 in Tartu, Estonia, Contact: Josef Böhm
Happy New Year
The GeoGebra Team wishes you a happy new year 2012!
If you have news for our next newsletter, please let us know at email@example.com.